Ella and I had our first girls day! My mom took the boys while Ella and I went out. We started our trip out with a fantastic photographer and friend, Amy of Cyphers Photography. She does FANTASTIC work and I could not imagine anyone else taking pictures of my baby girl. We had a great time hanging out and visiting with Amy. We took a few pictures together and then of just Ella. We even through in a stethescope as a prop. I am so excited to see those pictures. Amy really is going to do a great job at capturing Ella's "story" in a photograph! If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, you will be able to see one of the pictures that Amy took.
After a great morning with Amy, Ella and I loaded up and headed out for Topeka. I finally decided that it was time to visit the great staff at Stormont NICU. I really missed them and I know Ella did as well. Ellen, the nurses, and all other staff have become a huge part of the Althof family. Not a day went by that I did not think of them and how I wanted to visit with them. I really am not sure I can ever express how much appreciation I have for each and every one of them!!! The doctors that seemed to treat her more than as another patient, Ellen looking over her each and every day, the nurses that took care of her like Ella was their own, Terra that came and listened to me bawl, and of course all the additional staff!! I love that some of the nurses are on FB and are able to watch Ella grow through pictures that I post and read some of the random things I post on there, such as how Ella seems to have decided to be a night owl!! I so wonder why that is (night nurses!! :) )
Back on topic, Ella and I went to visit! What a fun visit it was!!! Ella was all smiles and active. Much different than the last time they all saw her! Of course we did not get to see everyone. I am thinking I might have to have a girls night and head up to see the night shift. After all, Ella will be WIDE awake to visit!
I look forward to more and more girl days with Ella. Let's face it....I can hardly wait to take her shopping for the first time! Or maybe mani/pedi's!!!
Can't wait for a night shift visit! :)
ReplyDelete