Ella is still on house arrest probably will continue until I decide she is no longer in such a thick bubble!! Maybe when she is 18 she can leave!! In the meantime what do we do?? Well....we cuddle of course! That and the home nurse that has come by to check in on us to make sure we are doing well and that Ella continues to gain weight and the feeding tube is going well. She will come back tomorrow as well as Tiny K. They are going to come and evaluate Ella and her eating skills. The physical therapist and occupational therapist will both becoming. The PT is to evaluate Ella's physical movements to make sure she is continuing to meet her milestones. We had a few concerns before her surgery, but she seems to be catching up! The PT at Children's explained to me that she would not be surprised if Ella was a little behind due to the fact that all her energy went to self preservation and not working on milestones. It is looking like she is doing well. In fact, at the doctor's office, they thought she was right on target! WAY TO CATCH UP!!!! This is a tough girl! The OT is going to come and evaluate Ella and her eating and see what we can do to get her feeding tube out of the picture!! Let's keep in mind that I have been at home ALL DAY LONG. This has given me ample time to research ways to train her tongue and make her mouth less sensitive. It must be working some since I did not tube her 12pm feeding! What I usually do is bottle feed her and then give the rest through her tube. We typically give more through the tube and less through the bottle. Hopefully as the weeks go on, it will slowly reverse itself.
Other good news on the Ella front is that she has gained weight. She was 8 pounds and 7 ounces. I should find out her new weight tomorrow. Hopefully it will be 9 pounds. It still puts her under the 3% but it still means that she is growing and that is all that matters. I think that the last time she was on the growth chart was when she was on the inside. I am going to keep up the high calorie diet and hopefully one of these days she will be back on that chart.
How about some pictures! The first one is of Ella in her car seat ready to bust out of the hospital! The second pciture is of her and I walking (or running) out of the hospital. That was a day I thought would never come! The nurse walked me down to the circle drive and Wyatt picked us up! And yes, I rode all the way home in the backseat. That was all made possible by the creators of dramamine!!! The last picture was my sister and I attempting to get a picture of Grandpa and all of his grandkids. It did not go so well......



No comments:
Post a Comment