Friday, November 23, 2012

Best Black Friday EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ella is home!!!

I want to thank everyone for their continued support and prayers for Abbey, Wyatt, Haden, Brody, and Ella.  Ella is an amazing little girl who has been through so much in her short 80 days of life!  (not that anyone has counted!!!)  She is doing wonderful and continues to amaze all of us!!

That being said, I know all of you are probably headed to your cars to head on over to Miss Ella’s house!  I know that is what I want to be doing!!  However, hang tight!  Abbey and Wyatt have asked that I pass on to you that Ella is still very fragile as far as her immune system goes.  (Remember, she has been in a very sterile environment for 3 months!)  Because of that, she is extremely susceptible to anything that may be contagious.

Abbey and Wyatt are very excited for all of their family and friends to meet Miss Ella Grace.  However, the doctors at Children’s Mercy have advised that Ella not have any visitors until they feel that her immune system is stable enough to handle even the smallest seasonal illness.  Please remember that this is the doctor’s orders.  Abbey and Wyatt are not trying to single anyone out from visiting Ella. No family member or friend is more important than the other, they are just doing what is best for Ella. PLEASE remember this when you think it might be all right to stop in and say Hi just for a few minutes.  Remember you may be a carrier for a cold or the flu and not exhibit any symptoms yet. Either of those ailments could put Ella back in the hospital.  This is not something that we want to happen!!  Thank you all so much for understanding and respecting this request.

As soon as Ella is strong enough for visitors, Abbey and Wyatt will let you know through this site.  Please keep on praying for Ella and that her transition to her home is a smooth one!  

Here's to hoping that Ella continues to gain weight & get stronger and that winter flies by fast!
Again, thank you so much for everything everyone has done for the Althof's.  I hope you all are having a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.  I know we are!!
-Heather

1 comment:

  1. Great news Heather! Thanks for the link to this blog... I missed it before on FB. I will follow along and send lots of love Ella's way. Here's to health and healing and happy days ahead!!!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete