Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's time!

Wyatt and I are waiting in the Ronald McDonald waiting room in the hospital for Ella to get out of surgery. They took her back about 20 minutes ago. She was originally scheduled to go in at 11 or 12 but that did not happen. The case before her was changed and Ella could not go because she had a 5:30am feeding so they slid someone else in. I am guessing it took a little longer than the original case since we did not get to go until 4:15. She was quite the calm little waiter this morning! She slept all day and never really got fussy. She would wake up long enough to try to suck the life out of her fingers and paci and then would drift back to sleep.
We were told that this surgery should not take very long. To actually insert the g-tube will take around 15 minutes. The rest of the time will be getting her to sleep and waking her back up. Roughly around an hour. Once she is out of surgery it is possible that she may start using her g-tube tomorrow! I have been reassured, by what feels like the entire Children's Mercy staff that this is the best decision for Ella. It will get her home quicker and will allow her to still get all the nutrients she needs to grow and work on learning how to feed. I will try to update when she is out of surgery and how she is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment