Saturday, November 3, 2012

It's Going to be a Good Weekend!!

Update from Abbey!

"Ella is still on the pace maker. Her heart rate is still low. I think that there is some meds that they can try eventually. They are just waiting on her. They do not seem to be worried about this yet. They want to get her off of the ventilator before they worry about her heartrate.  The goal today is to get her extubated. They have started to wean her from her fentanyl and she is pretty close to being weaned off the ventilator. They stopped her feeds until they get her off. That is not a big deal at all. The nurse told me that when they get them off the vent that she likes for the babies to be held. I think it was the first time I was ever told to hold my baby!!! Otherwise she is doing good. Blood pressure is stabilized with the nicardipine. They want to try to wean her from that again as well. She is starting to look like a baby again, and not a huge marshmallow. The puffiness is going down enough that she actually can open her eyes a little bit.

I don't think I left anything out.
 
I think the thing I am most worried about is her heart rate. She needs to get going on that!!!!"
 
Prayer Request
Please continue to pray that Ella continues to show such great improvements.  Pray that she handles getting off of the ventilator well.  Also pray that as her body heals, her heart rate improves.  Also pray for her family as they make the trip to Kansas City today to see her.
 
Thank you to everyone who has been following Ella in her journal.  She is a very special little girl to all of us.  Everyone have a good weekend!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment