Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday

All continues to be well here at Children's Mercy! I chose not to come home this weekend and stay with Ella. I figured that I would try to stay with her as much as possible right now so that I can learn how to take care of the G-tube. Ella is doing great. Today she was grumpy, which we contribute to having a sore tummy from the site. Hopefully she will be able to get in some good rest and feel a bit better tomorrow. As for this G-tube business, it seems like it is going to be pretty easy. We have tried to do a few bottles yesterday, but kind of gave her a break today. She still has what her nurse and I call, the crazy tongue syndrome. She has never really had to use her tongue much and now she has to use it to eat. It is funny and frustrating all at the same time. It is almost like she can fold the darn thing in half! We will just keep working on it at each feed and eventually she will get there. The good thing is, she really wants to take a bottle, she is just perplexed by her crazy tongue!!

For the Stormont Vail nurses....I had a small world moment that I would let you all in on!! Ella's next door neighbor came from Stormont and was there when we were there. I think he is a week older than Ella and came to CMH about 3 weeks ago. His mom and I got to talking the other day as we were holding babies! I just thought it was wild that we ended up next to each other. It is great to see her little man doing well! He is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment