This morning I got to the hospital around 9:30. My dad came and visited around 11:00. While he was there, Dr. Kilbride came to talk with us about the "plan". The plan was to do a flip flop with a baby that was in the PICU and was ready to come to the NICU and send Ella to that baby's spot. The rest of the plan is that she was on the surgery schedule for FRIDAY. Dad and I went to lunch and came back at around 2:00 and they were ready to roll! By the time we got the orders, got Ella's room packed, and got her hooked up to the mobile monitors we were out the door and down stairs. As soon as she was there, the nurse did her assessment, then came the PICU doctor, resident, resperatory therapist, and the cardiac nurse practicioner to do assessments on Ella. She was WELL looked over. We talked about how we would be having surgery on Friday morning and that Dr. O'Brien would come in on Thursday to talk with both Wyatt and myself. Then at 3:15 the plan changed!!!! The nurse prac. came back in to tell me she had good news or bad news however I wanted to look at it. Basically it all boils down to the PICU being full. There are no more available beds so they are not able to do surgery on any new patients so they had to make cancellations on those waiting for a bed. This was good news for Ella as she already has a bed to move back into so they had a spot wide open for her tomorrow morning at 7:15. So she has a date!! Exactly what we have all been praying for! It is sad that there are that many kiddos that are in need of the PICU, but I am glad that we can get things rolling for Ella. This evening Wyatt and I are trying to get some sleep and then tomorrow morning Wyatt and I will head to the hospital to spend time with Ella before they take her away for her surgery.
Our pastor gave me a card with a prayer to pray before surgery. I am going to pass it along for you.
My Heavenly Father, as you have always sent angels to do your healing work, so you have sent men and women as instruments of your healing now. Bless all who will attend to Ella, that their knowledge and skill might bring the healing you desire, for all of my days are in your loving care. Through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.
Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Be strong and faithful! Kisses to Baby Ella! Love, Tiffany, John and Emily Ditzler
ReplyDelete