Sunday, October 14, 2012

WHEW!!!

Whew! I am one TIRED mama!!! For starters, I miss sleeping in my own bed and in places that I am familiar with. I have been under a lot of stress for several reasons. I still am, but not as much as before. One source of my stress was my ESL class that I was taking for my endorsement/masters. It ended the first weekend of October. I can honestly say that it was not my best work, as I was doing all my reading and work after 11pm when everyone is in bed. BUT....I still pulled out an A!!!!!!
What is the most amazing part of this whole situation is that I have some wonderful family and friends that are helping Wyatt to take care of the boys at home. This makes it easier for me to focus on Ella. I am so very thankful for Heather taking care of the updates for everyone.

My biggest update for Ella today was that she made a cooing sound today!! For all I know, she could have already been doing this while she was up all night with her friends at Stormont, but I am saying she did this for the first time!! I wish I could say that she was cooing at me but she was not. The child life lady came by and we were talking about how she really liked her music box thing at Stormont so she went off to see if she could find one. Low and behold she came back with the same one!! Ella is now in heaven and was cooing at her monkey and frog friend. I am just amazed with the workings at Children's. I will have to write a post on that next. She came to us after the nurse put in a consult for child life to visit so that we could get orders for her to have music in her crib. She is going to get an ipod that plays lullabies. The lullabies are researched and will be selected for her based on the rhythms and beats and so forth. We don't want any jamming music and get her heart rate and breathing up even more!!! Sorry Ella!!! No clubbing music for you!!!

She really has not made any changes since yesterday. Nothing new which is the BEST feeling ever!!! We are just needing to wait to hear when we can have surgery. Hopefully very soon!!

Mom and I have been doing really well her in KC. I am very surprised with my ability to get around, or at least my navigation systems ability to get me around! We have driven all over the place. We had a few small mishaps that included a huge curb check, turning my car lights off and a red light. We have also mastered the world of parking garages. The most confusing one that we have been in was when we were staying at the Sheraton. There were so many different doors to drive through. We never did figure out how we did it, but some how we hit every dead in in that thing!!! Otherwise, we have gotten around really well!! WHEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment