Before I begin, I am just going to say that a lot of my posts are more for my memories than an actual Ella update. I am thinking it might help me to get through a lot of what is going on. That being said, they might be a tad lengthy. SORRY!!! :)
Yesterday was a WILD day to say the least! I had talked to Ellen on Tuesday and we came to the same agreement that it was time for Ella to make the trip to Children's Mercy, so yesterday the calls began. Wyatt was already at the hospital with her when the calls started. It took no time at all to get things rolling. He called me and told me that if I wanted to tell her goodbye I had an hour and a half. I had figured that around noon we would hear from Children's and then later that day she would be on her way. Imagine my surprise!!! I got there to the hospital around 10ish. At about 10:45 my sister sent a text about how she just saw the Children's Mercy ambulance at the stop light. How crazy is that!!! Then about 15 minutes there they were at Ella's door. I cannot really explain how I felt when I saw the three transport people. My eyes immediately filled up with tears while thinking, this is it! I was thrilled to see them because I knew she was going to the place that she needed to be, but I also hated the fact that she had to leave everyone that she already knew. The transport staff was great! They told me EVERYTHING that they were going to do with my baby girl right down to how they were going to get her to the hospital. Honestly, it took every effort I had to not ask what their driving records were and how fast they planned on driving. I know, ridiculous, right!?!?! Wyatt and I said our good byes and they got her loaded up. We then took the strangest walk out to our cars. For me, it was a feeling of sadness, fear, relief, loneliness, happiness. As the day wore on and I got myself together to head to KC, the contentment of knowing she was where she needed to be started set in.
Wyatt thought that it would be best for one parent to stay at home with the boys. Thank goodness for his level head! Without Wyatt, I am pretty sure I would have packed us all up and had us all in KC. He is right when he says that we need to still be in routine for the boys. It would be unfair to uproot their world even more than it already is. I know that it is really hard for him to stay at home and not be here with Ella and me, but it would be hard no matter where he, or I, are staying. We automatically want to be in both places. We are going to be working on our technology skills and trying skyping and facetime.
I am going to get back to Ella, but maybe my next post will be all about mom and I traveling to Children's Mercy by ourselves!! Not bad, but lets remember we are two women that hate driving, especially in the dark, in an unknown area, doped up on dramamine!!!
I just have to say that I still get chills thinking about how I was standing at the stoplight waiting for the walk signal, so I could get to Walgreens, and there it went. Right in front of me. My little niece's ride to Kansas City. Just amazing how life works. I will NEVER forget that moment. Ever.
ReplyDelete