I have combined all of the email updates that I received from Abbey today. Here it goes! It was a GOOD DAY!!!!
1:38 P.M. Update
Here is my report so far.....
She is on catapress and digoxin which is to help her heart to more effectively pump. Her temp is elevated but the docs think it is because of her rapid breathing as blood work all looks good. They are having wound care team coming in to take a peek at her bottom, but it is looking much better. She has been a tad sensitive but I am sure that is due to the HUGE changes that she has just been through. They have orders in for tylenol and morphine. They are giving them to make her feel a little better and not breath so fast. They have only given her the tylenol. The morphine is ONLY if needed. (to help her relax) That is all I need is a morphine addicted kiddo! :)
Otherwise, we are just here getting used to everything. It is all kind of a surreal experience. Not to sure how to explain it.
I am able to use my computer but not my phone so if you need something, just email me. You might let dad know as well. We got on the waiting list for the RMHouse, but the list is pretty long for tonight. My guess is we are heading back to the Sheraton. Oh well, since I LOVED my pillows!!! She asked if we wanted on the list for the family room in the hospital but opted out for today just because it is very small quarters and not really a place to go and shut your mind off of all the information that was crammed in it for the day.
3:34 P.M. Update
Ella is taking Digoxin and Catapril (not catapres)
Still no morphine but had another dose of tylenol since temp is still up. Her resipatory rate was documented this morning at 130 and when mom and I went to lunch it was documented at 80. We have been watching her monitor and she had been hovering in the high 70s. Better than last night when she was hovering in the 120s to 150s!!
4:23 P.M. Update
I just met my new Ellen! Her name is Karen. They think that her
bottom is looking better so that is good. Our goal is to get her to gain some
weight which might be easier if she were on a regular formula. They went ahead
and decreased her calories from 26 back to 24 mLs. The big question that I asked
was about home. I asked if she would go home before surgery or not. The answer
that I got was no, probably not. It sounds like it will be a bit difficult to
know when heart surgery will be. She will be put on a list and they will
determine when she is ready. She very easily could be bumped by a baby in more
need. In the meantime, we need to get some rolls on those chicken legs and keep
her resp. down (not normal but down), her heart rate at a good rate and her
blood pressure normal. She is currently doing ok with those. It sounds like they
really just want her to be better with her breathing more than the gaining
weight. The weight is just another factor to think about, but they want to get
her breathing better. Hopefully that makes sense!!!
9:15 P.M. Update
Talked to Abbey. They are calling it a night! I probably won't have an update until late tomorrow night. Tomorrow is Ella's Fundraiser! Should be a good time. I will post some pics with tomorrows update.
Please continue to pray that Ella continues to show signs of improvement with her breathing. Pray also that she is able to have her surgery very soon. Please also pray for my mom and sister as they are traveling around Kansas City, that they are kept safe.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!
Thanks so much for starting this blog, Abbey and Heather!! I love having specific prayer requests to storm the heavens with!
ReplyDeleteWe're behind you!
Lots of love and prayers!
Mary Porter